Monday 10 September 2012

Krell Meme...


So following on from this post, I was digging around on Muffs and saw that the meme had evolved again. Slipperysoles had posted another self-generating Buchla patch, this time based on an idea from Douglas Leedy in 1970. Leedy made an album called Entropical Paradise which explored automata in music, which is documented in the indispensable book Electronic Music by Allen Strange. See the scan I made of the flow chart of Leedy's original patch. I decided to try and recreate the this on my 200e system, which is itself a evolution of the Buchla 100 Leedy used. There are lots of differences in the modules and functions I had to contend with but I got somewhere close, and as always with the Buchla found something unique along the way



No comments:

Post a Comment